Electronic Patient Care Report (ePCR)
What is it?
The Susquehanna Regional EMS Council ( SREMSC ) Program Agency, in cooperation with the Susquehanna Regional Emergency Advisory Committee ( REMAC ) developed an electronic (computer based) substitute for the traditional hand written paper Prehospital Care Report (PCR).
Currently (March 2012) SREMS in collaboration with NYS DOH SREMS is seeking alternative and commercially available products to support the 96 EMS service agencies in the Susquehanna Region. Although our custom built product has served us well over the decade, it has not had the funding resources and development needed to maintain upcoming reporting requirements.
The below is for our current system and subject to change when the new commercial product(s) are implemented.
Why use it?
The use of the Electronic PCR ( ePCR ) System has many advantages for the patient, the EMS agency, the individual EMS provider, and the hospital personnel:
- More extensive and detailed documentation. ( Required and prompts assure that specific information is included, this will be a plus for billing agencies. )
- Better organized and much more readable report ( let’s face it: most EMS providers don’t have the worlds best handwriting ).
- Automatic electronic documentation of ALS procedures preformed. The newest version will allow for the input of lab skills as well. ( no more little white booklets to worry about )
- Automatic submission of PCR data to the Regional Program Agency ( no more yellow copies to collect and submit every month )
- The database compiled is quickly available and readily usable by the EMS agency for internal QA audits, and by the REMAC for Region-wide studies. Both will lead to a better more effective EMS system. All collected data is kept just as confidential as PCR data has always been!
Current Version 5 Minimum System Requirements
32-bit Pentium III or equivalent AMD processor
512 MB RAM preferred or more
Windows 2000, XP, or 2003 with .NET 2.0 Framework
Functioning compatible printer
Broadband Internet Connection (DSL or Cable Preferred)
ALERT: Agency Level Electronic Reporting Tool
ALERT is used to assist agencies in pulling their own unique data. This application is a complement to the ePCR application. ALERT helps agencies with billing, QA/QI and other questions that arise from missing PCRs or fields.
Batch queries and unique export features include Excel documents and PDFs.